Mistress of UReviews
Mistress of UReviews

Female
Number of posts : 131
Randomosity : I am a fluffy piranha
Writer's Source : 3568
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Critique Circle - Overview   Tue May 14, 2013 9:16 am

Critique Circle is an online writing community that offers a wide variety of gadgets and social interaction for any writer--amateur or published.

Their main page shows you a Tip of the Day regarding their site (handy for the newer people), a Quote of the Day, Word of the Day, a Care to Crit? section (where a few different stories are listed that you can critique, if you'd like), an Exercise (to get you motivated to write something new--you can have your work graded and grade other entries), Grammar tip, a Poll, Hot Discussions in the forum, and an excerpt from the CC Blog.

Whew, did I get everything? It's a lot for a new person, but you're able to move the different sections around, as well as hide them to make it all look less cluttered.

That's simply what's on the homepage when you log in.

The writing community on here is very active, with many helpful people. If you have a question, ask it on the boards and there will always be a guaranteed answer from more than one person. They're all here to help you out, as you are for them.

In order to submit your story for critique, you'll need three credits, if I'm not mistaken. You earn credits by critiquing other peoples' works. When you do submit a story, there are a set number of stories shown each week for a critiquing period. Once that week is up, the stories that are next in line will show up, and so on and so forth. I like this idea, because it gives people a week to get critiques. However, I think a bad point of it is some people get way more critiques than others, depending on the genre they're writing in. It has its ups and downs.

There are a ton of tools to help you out in your writing, from a notebook, to monthly progress, word meters, reminders, outlines, P-A-D (paragraph-a-day), and more.

I'd definitely recommend this site to any writer out there who loves interaction and making new friends.

Cheers to you and all your members, CC.

Critique Circle - Overview
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1